Thursday, July 28, 2005

News . . .

It's Sherry writing. Y'all-- I finished the Mass. bar today. Hallelujah! I hope I passed, and that today on the essay portion I was able to write my way out of the hole I think I dug for myself yesterday on the MBE (the multiple choice section). UGH! California is supposed to be the hardest in the country, and it is three days instead of two, but I was better prepared straight out of law school than I am as a fourth year associate moving cross country and cramming at the last minute! So, that's my good news. I'm finished-- for now. I start work for good on Monday.

We also want to say CONGRATULATIONS to our friend Karen (seen here with husband Matt) on her new job!!! Karen is a wonderful friend to us, and a very talented, excellent attorney. Karen will soon join Greenberg Traurig LLP , a very large, esteemed international law firm, in their Silicon Valley office. This move is perfect for her, and any firm would be lucky to have her. Well done, K!


Also, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY (Tuesday the 26th) to Ann and Chris. I recently heard from them in Beijing, where they are living for five years. Ann informed me that Chris is being kept very busy with the six party talks. Chris is a diplomat with the state department (and a great guy); we should all have jobs so important to improving the world! :) Annie, of course, is stellar in her own right, writing on cultural and food issues for international newspapers in Beijing.

Finally, we want to send GET WELL WISHES to our good friend Emily. Emily (pictured here with our nephew, Lucas) has been our friend since high school. She recently left for her long-anticipated round-the-world sailing trip, which is where we thought she was . . . until we heard from her. Emily received some tough injuries from her boat being tossed in high seas not long into her trip, and is at home recuperating. We hope she gets well soon. She tells us she will be flying to Hawaii soon, and we hope she gets the R&R she certainly needs.

No comments: