
These are the times we knew we would face here. Brian is working nights, and I work days. And we're both working weekends. Last week, when Brian was on days, I came home from work at 4:45 a.m. (no, I wasn't working nights). I apparently caught the up elevator as Brian came down, leaving for his shift, and we missed one another. Worse, we missed what now substitutes for quality time-- our 5-10 minute morning "download" in which we discuss everything from what bills need to be paid to how our days went! Don't get me wrong --we know that we are VERY fortunate to live what is really an EASY life, and that we pay this price for our careers. The images we all see of the South right now drives that home. Nevertheless, I'd like to make an appointment with Dr. Haus. In the meantime, this will have to do--a photo from a time when we worried only where the next lava flow would come from, rather than shareholder suits and call schedules. Brian, if you're reading this in the call room, I miss you. -- Sherry
...You're on my mind;
Restless hearts/Sleep alone tonight
Sending all my love/Along the wire...
Right down the line it's been you and me...
Wondering where I am /Lost without you...
And being apart ain't easy on this love affair
Two strangers learn to fall in love again
I get the joy of rediscovering you
Oh, girl, you stand by me
I'm forever yours-- faithfully.




No comments:
Post a Comment